- Adhesion Testers
- Bolt Tension Monitors
- Coating Thickness Gauges & Inspection Equipment
- Dewpoint Meters
- Force Gauges
- Gloss meters
- Hardness Testers (Portable)
- Hire Equipment
- Shore Durometers
- Surface Roughness Testers
- Ultrasonic Thickness Gauges
Cygnus 2+ hands free
The Cygnus 2PLUS is a simple to use, multi-mode thickness gauge having Multiple-Echo, Echo-Echo and Single-Echo capabilities. The NEW high durability end-mounted rotatable LCD display makes it ideally suited for climbing and rope access.
The twin shot injection moulded enclosure has a soft but durable TPE outer skin which is comfortable to hold and protects against bumps while the hard internal shell offers maximum strength and environmental protection certified to the demanding US MIL STD 810G standard.
Perfect for use on flat plate, curved surfaces or pipes our Multiple-Echo single crystal probe technology means you can measure through thick coatings and only the remaining metal thickness is displayed.
The unit still relies on Multiple-Echo to provide simple and accurate measurements, with the added benefit of Echo‑Echo and Single-Echo using twin crystal probes for extreme corrosion. Echo-Echo for measurements on painted metals but with heavy back wall corrosion / pitting and Single‑Echo for measurements on uncoated surfaces with heavy front face and/or back-wall corrosion and attenuative materials such as cast metals or plastics / composites.
Built in the UK using only genuine and original parts and components – including Lemo® Connectors and Peli® Cases.
• Multiple-Echo for reliable, accurate through coating measurements
• Single-Echo and Echo-Echo modes with twin crystal probes for extreme corrosion and pitting
• MSI™ (Measurement Stability Indicator) used in Single-Echo and Echo-Echo modes
• Hands free operation: wrist, waist belt and harness mountable
• A NEW high durability LCD rotatable display for all lighting conditions
• Extremely rugged enclosure – shock and impact to MIL STD 810G
• Environment sealing to IP67 – MIL STD 810G
• Deep-coat mode – measures through coatings up to 20 mm thick
• Cygnus echo-strength bars assist thickness measurements
• TPE over molded enclosure
• Buttons designed for minimum of 100,000 depressions
• Fully sealed battery compartment (contains any leaking battery fluids).
Multiple-Echo (Single Crystal Probes)
uses three error checked back wall echoes to provide the most reliable and accurate remaining thickness measurements, with no need to remove coating (up to 20mm thick (0.8").
Echo-Echo (Twin Crystal Probes)
measures through coatings of up to 1mm (0.04") thick, ideal for measuring painted metals with back wall corrosion.
Single-Echo (Twin Crystal Probes)
ideal for measuring uncoated metals with heavy back-wall corrosion. Also effective on a range of cast
metals, plastics and composites.
Cygnus 2+ ultrasonic thickness gauge, Probe and cable, Operating manual, Neck strap
Accessory pouch containing:- Batteries, Couplant gel, 15mm test block, Spare membranes, Membrane key, Membrane couplant
Made in Britain
Get a Quote
Contact us and we can provide you with an up to date price for this product.